Somayeh Lotfi and Peter Rema from TU Delft (HISER partners), together with Jan Deja and Radosław Mróz from AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland wrote an article entitled "An experimental study on the relation between input variables and output quality of a new concrete recycling process" which was published in Construction and Buildings Materials 137 (2017).
- Experimental studies were carried out with the aim of fine tuning a novel concrete recycling process.
- A novel experimental set-up was built to simulate autogenous milling.
- The influence of type of parent concrete, intensity of the autogenous milling and ADR cut-size point were investigated.
- Mechanical and durability properties of RAC is comparable to those of NAC.
- Special properties of recycled aggregates will make it a favorite input material for prefab industry.
To read the full article go to the section Library/Articles.